Spring Training for your car – in preparation for the hot summer ahead. Summer can be a difficult time for vehicles, let’s get your car running its best before summer gets here. Numerous factors can add stress to the vehicle such as heat, humidity, air conditioner running, starting, stopping, climbing hills and mountains plus city traffic with lower speeds. Most of us can’t avoid the more extreme conditions summer throws at us, especially with all the picnics, family trips, and long distance plans we cram into the short break we call summer.
Items to consider when preparing your own car in Lakewood, CO:
- Change the oil: Fresh oil will help lubricate the engine and protect it from wear and tear. Spring is a good time to change the oil, especially if you haven’t done it in a while.
- Check the tires: Check the tire pressure and tread depth and make sure they are in good condition. Replace them if necessary.
- Check the brakes: Make sure your brakes are in good working order and replace them if necessary.
- Check the battery: Cold weather can be tough on car batteries, so it’s a good idea to check the battery and make sure it is still in good working order.
- Check the air conditioning: Make sure that the air conditioning is working properly, and make sure the filters are clean.
- Check the windshield wipers: Make sure that your windshield wipers are working properly and replace them if they’re worn out.
- Check the lights: Make sure all the lights are working properly, including headlights, tail lights, turn signals, and brake lights.
- Check the fluid levels: Check the levels of transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid and power steering fluid, and top up if necessary.
- Schedule a tune-up: A tune-up will help ensure that your car is running at its best, and that any problems are detected and addressed before they become bigger issues.
Let’s plan so you can hit the open road. Schedule your service and repairs online, over the phone or best of all in person! This is a busy time of year for repair facilities, especially ours located in Lakewood, CO. We work on all makes and models. We look forward to helping you with Spring Training for Your Car.